Monday, June 6, 2016

#1 Who?? From where??

  Hello! My name is Amanda and I am from Okeechobee. No, I did not sneeze... Okeechobee is an Indian name, roughly translated as "Big Water". If you see a picture of Florida, look for the big blue dot toward the bottom; Okeechobee is right at the top. Most people think of clear blue water, sand and palm trees when they think of Florida. Well in my hometown, we have black water, palmettos and cows. As much as I loved growing up in a small town, it soon became time to move on.

  Flash forward to the present- Macon, Georgia. My family and I moved to the area in 2011. I really love it here! Having only 2 seasons in Florida- hot & wet, the four seasons in middle Georgia are a nice change. I have 3 children: small, medium, and large. My husband and I have been married for 21 years, and we still like each other! I am returning to school to get my Associates Degree in Nursing, and to be a travel nurse when (if) the kids move out. After getting my BSN, I want to pursue my MSN and possibly teach nursing. Dream big or go home...

  I really look forward to working with all of you and hopefully creating some lasting relationships. Good luck to all, whatever your journey may be!

4 comments:

  1. My dad also lives in Okeechobee, he retired down there in November. Alle he does is fish all day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Small world! I'm sure he will love it, there's a lot of things to do, if you're retired...

      Delete
  2. Welcome to the class. I've actually visited Okeechobee, both lake and town. I lived in West Palm for 4 years and visited inland often. Next time, I think I will try the Gulf coast of Florida. It seems nice over there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Palm Beach is a little too busy and crowded for me, I used to deliver all over that area. The west coast is beautiful! Especially around Naples and Sanibel Island. I've always wanted to watch the sunrise on one coast and set on the other in the same day.

      Delete