Ashley Peek states in her blog post, Technology in Careers, "I think we will see more growth in technology's role even in medical
procedures. Lasers are already used in some surgeries, but I think
doctor's will soon be able to program procedures specifically to a
patient that will be run in whole by robots. Hopefully this can make
human error less of an impact on the outcome of major operations and
will save many lives." I also think this would be a wonderful advancement. Some surgeries can take hours to complete, adding to the possibility of medical mistakes in the operating room. This will also make more time available to the hospital staff to help more patients. Eventually, through the advancements in science, we may have less need for hospitals and their staff altogether. Then it will be time to take advantage of Andrew McAfee's suggested guaranteed minimum income. Then, I will also be singing in praise of idleness, like Mr. Russell.
Earlier in the week, we discussed what we've learned about writing online as a team. There were definitely varying opinions. I feel that Noah Davis summed up my same opinion when he said, " Although this first document was a challenge, it prepared me for future online team writing tasks." For most of our remedial school career, we complete our own projects, occasionally having to work together for a group project. However, unless you work from home or alone somewhere, life after high school is full of compromise. Lack of communication and refusing to accept the constructive criticism of others can be detrimental to your future, whether in class or in your chosen career.
No comments:
Post a Comment