Well, it has been a busy week! As I read through some of the posts from my classmates, I notice that most people seem to be afraid of the internet and what it can do to your reputation or image. This may be because so many others are constantly reminding us of what can happen if we were to post, or to be part of something negative. My simple solution is this: DON'T DO IT to begin with! Don't drink while you're underage. Don't pose for explicit photos. Don't write something that you wouldn't want everyone to see. If it can be held against you, it very likely will. However, I interpreted our assignment to be to encourage a professional online image. To tell others how this would assist them in the future. Hayleigh Blair summed it up quite well when she stated, "By building my reputation I can use it to gain future jobs and create relationships with many influential people." Network it to your advantage! Use every tool available to you to get ahead in life, including the web.
We have also been exploring the Millennial Generation this week. I believe that I'm somewhere in the in between generation. I agree with Amanda Daniels' post, "I prefer things the old fashioned way. For example the other day why I
was in biology class, I was sitting their with just my notebook and pen
while everyone else had their laptops and were diligently typing away
with everything the professor said. I was writing my outline on my
simple notebook and tabbing pages in my book. I like simple things, I
like the old fashioned way sometimes. I like the fact of writing things
to memorize and the pain in my fingers." I feel like if I'm more comfortable writing than typing, I will be able to pay more attention to the speaker. I also understand that the more often that I use my keyboard, the more likely I will be to use it in the future. Similar to writing to learn.
No comments:
Post a Comment