Wednesday, June 29, 2016

#11 Prospects for my Chosen Career

      I am currently studying to become a Registered Nurse. Based on information from a few reliable sources, a bright future is in the forecast! According to the report Best Jobs for Millennials by Konrad and Mugglestone, "the health care industry is the only major industry sector employing large numbers of Millennials that has seen its median wages increase in the past decade." With a starting median wage that is already almost double the national average median wage, I think I am taking the right step toward a secure financial future.
     If you're wondering if they'll still be hiring when I finally graduate, the Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook states, "employment of registered nurses is projected to grow 16 percent from 2014 to 2024, much faster than the average for all occupations." So as long as I get accepted into the nursing program, I will have a job when the time comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment