Tuesday, June 7, 2016

#2 My Online Image

  My online profile seems to be right on cue with my social life- nonexistent. Not one picture when Googled. I use Facebook and Instagram to keep up with family members and friends. Of course, those annoying game invitations will one day drive me insane.. I have my social networks set to private because I have children, but I am still cautious of what I post. I have watched programs about people who's lives were ruined because of the internet. Not just social media, but pictures that were taken of them and later posted without their consent. I'm a firm believer that if a photo exists or a comment written that you don't want others to see, it will be the first one viewed every time!
  Thanks to Professor Hamon, I am starting to think about the importance of a good professional profile. I am learning from the research for our paper that you can use it almost like a resume. I am branching out and trying new networks, such as LinkedIn. There I can create a profile that will help me connect with people in the nursing field, and hopefully gain some insight into travel nursing. I hope to do some volunteering at area hospitals before I apply to the nursing program, and I hope that I will make friends that I can later seek a reference from. If I can add that to my professional online profile, even better.
  I know I have a long road ahead of me, first in school and then looking for my first job as a nurse. I believe by creating a good online image, I will have a better chance at success!

No comments:

Post a Comment