Thursday, June 9, 2016

#3 Response to my colleagues

  While I agree that we must be careful what we post on social media, I also believe that it is important to establish a professional profile for the future. As Katie Brown explained, "Once an online image is damaged, it's not easy to repair. It's easier to maintain an image than to change it." In order to have an image to maintain, we must utilize social media outlets to create a professional image that everyone will admire. It seems that we are all concerned with Facebook. I think I am going to branch out to sites like LinkedIn to begin building my very own image; separate from friends and family.

   Tierra Mercer blogged: "I think that an early start at building a strong yet positive online reputation can benefit your self image and your future." No time is better than the present to do anything that you can to help your career. After all, we're going to college to have a better chance at a brighter future, why not build our online image along the way?


No comments:

Post a Comment