Two weeks ago, I really hadn't thought much about my professional online image. I didn't really think about anyone else's either. Other than Facebook and Instagram to keep up with my kids, I haven't used any other social media. I definitely never considered using an online profile as a resume tool!
As I researched my assignment for English class, I was surprised to discover the possibilities. I had no idea that you could basically use LinkedIn as a running resume support. People that you have worked for and with can even submit letters of reference to link to your page. I have never had to write a resume for myself, but I have written some for others, and I know this will be a great asset to have.
I think I will try LinkedIn for career development, and use Facebook for family. I'm hoping that starting my LinkedIn profile now will help me get a jump on the career market once I graduate. However, I still have some research to do...
No comments:
Post a Comment