Saturday, July 23, 2016

#21 Response to Colleagues

      I had never really given the millennial generation much thought before the start of this class. I have often read about the baby boomer generation, probably because they are the writers of the periodicals that I read most often. After reviewing the assigned readings, I would have to say that millennials have been saddled with an image that is a bit unwarranted. As Ashley Peek states in her blog, "[They] always seem to neglect what millennials bring to the workforce. Because millennials have seen so much take place in altering the economy, we now have the ability to adapt to change, technologically savvy, and are poised to unleash innovation." Enough about what millennials supposedly cannot do, give us some room to show you what we can do!
      As I became educated about my generation, I realized that I'm not the only one who may have plans to travel during my future career. Konrad and Mugglestone explain in The Future of Millennial Jobs, "Young people are also less attached to location -a quarter of those aged 20 to 29 moved between 2011 and 2012, more than double the national average of 12 percent. In a world with nearly instant communication and digital collaboration --geographic location matters less and less" (10). It appears that Hayleigh Blair also has that in mind as well, as she blogs, "this is a good thing for me because I love the idea of traveling and meeting new people and it is one of my goals for the future to travel and do something I love." It's fascinating to know that their are careers that will pay you well, and allow you the freedom of travel. I guess that's another benefit of being in the millennial generation.





                                                            Works Cited

Allison, Tom and Konrad Mugglestone. “The Future of Millennial Jobs.” Young Invincibles. 20 January 2015. P.13. web.

Blair, Hayleigh. " Post#19: Selected Profession." Hayleigh's First Blog. n.p. 18 July 2016. Web. 23 July 2016

Peek, Ashley. "Post #20: Millennial in the Workplace." Peek-A-Boo Corner. n.p. 21 July 2016. Web. 23 July 2016


No comments:

Post a Comment